Dental Bridge – Rocky River, Ohio
Securing A New and Improved Smile
Dr. William Eick has been treating, restoring, and improving smiles for more than 25 years. His patient’s smiles are his top priority, so when a client arrives with a missing tooth or several consecutive missing teeth, he is ready to offer a reliable and effective solution – a dental bridge. Considered a more affordable option than dental implants, you can expect outstanding functionality, as well as an aesthetically pleasing look. You can expect Dr. Eick to secure your new and improved smile in just two visits, so don’t wait! Call our office to schedule an appointment today!
What is a Dental Bridge?
It is important that your nearby natural teeth be in good health when opting for a dental bridge. Why? Because your dentist will be using them to serve as anchors for your new prosthetic. A dental bridge uses two dental crowns, which are affixed over your natural teeth that exist on either side of the gap. These crowns are attached to an additional prosthetic (dental crown) that will sit on top of your gums and essentially, “bridge the gap.”
Dr. Eick will work with the dental lab to make sure your prosthetic matches your natural tooth color, size, and shape, ensuring it blends in seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
What is the Dental Bridge Procedure Like?
You can expect to have a fully restored smile in just weeks with Dr. Eick. However, it is important to remember that in order to be eligible for a dental bridge, you must have good oral hygiene, meaning your natural, existing teeth must be in good shape.
During your first visit, you can expect the following to occur:
- Eick will examine your mouth and determine if a bridge is the right treatment option for your individual needs.
- If he deems you eligible, the next step is to file down your nearby teeth to ensure your new “caps” or dental crowns fit securely.
- Once your teeth are prepared, he will take impressions of your mouth and send it to the dental lab to begin the creation part of the process.
- Once your bridge is ready for placement, you’ll return to our office. This should take a few weeks. In the meantime, you’ll wear a temporary bridge.
Once you arrive for your second and final appointment, Dr. Eick will remove your temporary and place the permanent bridge. During your consultation, the two of you will decide if a removable or fixed bridge is right for you.
What Are the Benefits of a Dental Bridge?
- It offers a complete and aesthetically pleasing smile
- You can maintain your facial appearance
- Nearby teeth will not move or shift out of alignment
- Your bite force will be evenly distributed
- You’ll be able to speak, chew, and eat with confidence