Keeping Growing Smiles Healthy & Happy
Our team understands that every small smile has its own special needs, and we’re dedicated to doing our best to meet them. We know how much of an impact our care will have on your child, so we take time out of each appointment to emphasize the brushing and flossing basics and give your little one all of the tools they need to keep their mouth in tip-top shape. Our goal is to provide them with a strong and healthy smile and good oral habits that will help them take care of their mouth when they’re older. If you’d like to schedule your child’s dental appointment, contact us today!
Why Choose Dr. William Eick For Children’s Dentistry?
- Family Dentist
- Focus on Patient Comfort
- State-Of-The-Art Office
Your Child’s First Visit
When you and your child walk through our office doors, you’ll be greeted by one of our friendly dental professionals. We value your time and understand how busy a parent’s schedule can be, which is why we do our best to make sure that you don’t wait later than your planned appointment time.
When we get both of you settled in our treatment room, we’ll begin by asking you questions about your child’s oral history and habits, including teething, grinding, and thumb-sucking developments. We’ll conduct a quick examination of your little one’s teeth and gums and talk to them about how important it is to take care of their pearly whites. Depending on how your child is feeling, we may also squeeze in a quick dental cleaning.
Children’s Dental Treatments That We Offer
Dr. Eick offers several children’s dental treatments that help keep small, fragile, and developing smiles healthy. Depending on the outcome of your child’s visit, we may suggest one or more of the following preventive treatments:
- Dental sealants are like small raincoats that we paint onto your child’s premolars to keep sugar from settling on them and causing cavities to develop.
- Teeth grinding guards help reduce unnecessary wear-and-tear on your child’s teeth caused by forceful grinding.
- Sportsguards help protect your child’s smile while they participate in activities, sports, or hobbies that put their teeth at risk of being damaged.
- Fluoride treatment helps strengthen your child’s tooth enamel to protect their pearly whites from infections and decay.
For children who may have had a bad visit to the dentist in the past that has left them scared, we also offer sedation techniques to help them feel relaxed and calm during their appointment. Our team will go out of our way to ensure that your child has an enjoyable and fun experience that leaves them passionate about brushing and flossing.
Benefits of Scheduling Routine Children’s Visits
Just like adults, it’s important for children to visit their dentist every six months. Because their mouths are growing, diagnosing and treating problems before they can cause permanent oral issues down the road is vital. Here are some benefits of bringing your little one in for a checkup and cleaning with Dr. Eick:
- Develop healthy oral habits.
- Reduces their risk of cavity development.
- Diagnose and treat small issues before they become more serious.
- Familiarize your child with visiting the dentist so they don’t become scared.
- Have the chance to ask us questions or concerns you may have about their oral health.
If you have any questions or are wondering how you can make your child’s first dental visit a positive experience, don’t hesitate to contact our office. Our team will be more than happy to walk you through the process and help work around your busy schedule so your little one can get the high-quality preventive care they deserve.