January 4, 2017
You’ve been a Star Wars fan your entire life – you saw the original series in the theater as a teenager and made sure to take your own kids to see Rogue One when it premiered this past December. While eating some popcorn and enjoying the movie, your aching back tooth reminded you it was time to see your dentist in Rocky River. But did you ever think he’d be able to use the same innovative laser technology that made Star Wars a success in his dental practice? With Rocky River Dentistry, futuristic treatment can happen today, and provide you with your only hope against the drill.
What Is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry uses beams to treat many common dental problems with less bleeding and speedier recovery time. Dr. William Eick uses the Waterlase laser to perform the following treatments:
- Cavity Preparation – Instead of removing decayed enamel with a drill, laser technology can take care of this. Virtually pain free, the laser allows more precision and keeps more of your tooth intact.
- Gum Sculpting – Some patients are bothered by excessive gum tissue that hides their beautiful teeth. Using a laser allows Dr. Eick to remove what you don’t need, revealing properly-sized teeth and contouring gums for a movie-star smile.
- Gum Disease Treatment – The Waterlase laser is an excellent option for patients with gum disease. Your dentist in Rocky River can remove the inflamed gum tissue and perform root scaling to treat periodontal issues. After the scaling is done, your gums can regenerate in between your teeth, increasing your dental health.
- Tooth Sensitivity – Lasers can be used to seal tubules in the root of the tooth, leading to less sensitive teeth overall. This can be an superior, long-term solution over using sensitivity toothpaste.
- Dental Crown Preparation – To make your teeth and gums ready to have a dental crown placed, the Waterlase laser can contour enamel and remove unhealthy gum tissue, creating a proper surface for a long-lasting crown.
Are Dental Lasers Safe?
Not only are lasers used in the dentist’s office effective in treating many conditions, they can actually be safer than other dental tools. Since they allow Dr. Eick to be incredibly specific in the areas he treats, the increased accuracy allows for less recovery time and reduces the amount of bleeding a patient might experience. And, lasers like the ones used at our practice can minimize the need for anesthesia, and also reduce dental anxiety – since they don’t produce the eerie drill noise that scares many patients away from the proper oral care they need.
How Can I Make Use Of Dental Laser Treatment?
If you’re interested in taking advantage of the benefits of laser dentistry in Rocky River, you can schedule your appointment with Rocky River Dentistry today. You’ll be amazed by the high quality innovative treatment, and your smile will shine bright enough for the entire galaxy to see.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.