All investments fundamentally work the same way – you put time, money and effort into something now to get a big payoff later. Orthodontic treatment works that way, too, but there are key differences in which method you choose to straighten your teeth. Modern options like ClearCorrect in Rocky River are fantastic because they provide the same great results you would get from braces, but you don’t have as many drawbacks to deal with upfront. That makes it a win-win situation! Learn more below about how you can get the straight, even smile you’ve always wanted without wearing brackets and wires.
What Are the Advantages of ClearCorrect Over Braces?
It goes without saying that a huge advantage of ClearCorrect is that it works discreetly. Most people only seek out an alternative to braces because they want to avoid wearing brackets and wires, but they’re pleased to find that the benefits don’t end there:
- Less time in treatment – The average treatment time in ClearCorrect is between 9-18 months. For traditional braces, it’s more like 18-24 months.
- No dietary restrictions – Patients in braces have to avoid hard, sticky or crunchy foods for the entire duration of treatment. With ClearCorrect, you can eat the same foods you did before because you take out your trays before meals.
- Better oral hygiene – It’s very difficult to clean around brackets and wires, so it’s not uncommon to have cavities or gum problems after they’re removed. But since you can remove your trays beforehand, brushing and flossing is as easy as always.
- Fewer progress visits – With this option, most patients only need to come in about every 6-8 weeks instead of every 4.
- Comfort – Smooth, plastic trays don’t irritate your mouth and are much more comfortable than traditional braces.
Will ClearCorrect Work For You?
Every patient is unique, so the best way to know which choice is right for you is to schedule a consultation with a dentist in Rocky River who offers ClearCorrect.
Having said that, another advantage of this treatment is that it can be used on a wide variety of mild to moderate issues, including:
Investing in orthodontic treatment will undoubtedly pay off for a lifetime. And with a modern option like ClearCorrect, you can still get the payoff – without the hassle and inconvenience of wearing braces!
About the Author
Dr. William Eick is a general, restorative and cosmetic dentist who is thrilled to offer his patients an effective, reliable alternative to braces because he believes everyone should have a beautiful smile that they can feel proud of. If you’d like to straighten your teeth invisibly and have any questions, he can be contacted via his website or at (440) 333-1915.